Monday 22 February 2010

Yummy New Book!

Look what I just bought!


Besides one monthly magazine I don't often buy scrapbooking books as I think styles and tastes just change too quickly for it to be worth paying out the price of the books as some of them are so expensive. However I jumped at the chance of getting this one, not only because I just love Elizabeth Kartchner's work but also because of the fact that it is based on challenges so even if the current (or just mine!) styles change from any of the examples used in the book the challenges can still be used. Having said that I do find most of Elizabeth's designs quite timeless anyway and will probably still love them in 2 years time and the work of the other scrapbookers in the book looks really great so far too. I haven't looked through all of it yet as I am trying to savour it (does anyone else do that?) but it looks really good so far and I am looking forward to starting some of the challenges, I just need to finish the layout I am currently working on (and because it is me it takes ages...) and then I will start with the first challenge!

We are covered in snow again. I had to pull over on the bottom of our street to let a school bus go past and I then got stuck! The kids wanted me to just leave the car and we could walk home so they could have another snow day, because they have not just had a week of holiday! Anyway I eventually managed to move but then had to park miles away from the school once I got there because I wasn't even going to attempt those roads...

No comments: