Wednesday 28 July 2010

Sketchy Thursdays!

This was the sketch for the Sketchy Thursdays challenge this week.  I love doing the Sketchy Thursdays challenge but have not got around to it for a while so was determined to do this one!


I enjoyed doing this one because I just kept it really really simple so it was pretty quick to do!  Sorry about the dreadful photo but it is dismal here and this had to be uploaded by tonight!  I think it might just be to simple for me and might end up bugging me too much and then I will add things to later, we'll see! Oh it is also all straight in person I promise, even though a few things appear to be skew in the photo!


I used Fancy Pants Floral Chic paper and Banana Frog Swirls and Butterflies stamps to make the little orange butterflies from shrink plastic.  I had to add stitching of course so besides the waves done on the machine I also hand stitched the title.


Alas I think I need a new sewing machine as mine is just stitching terribly as you can see in the photo.  The one I am using was my grans machine that she gave to me and if probably older than me so I don't really want to get rid of it but it really is not stitching very well.   Then again knowing me I won't get rid of it anyway even if I get a new one!


Four days into the summer holidays and I think I am still sane, even though it has rained every one of those 4 days!  We will see if I am still sane by this time next week!  Tfl!

7 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Love how you have interpreted the sketch - gorgeous photographs and a great idea to make your own embellies using the shrink plastic.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!! i love love love this!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and all that AMAZING STITCHING!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

I really like this! And I like that you didn't crop the picture on the left that had, who I am guessing is you, in the corner of it. Really like this, and great hand stitching!

Crystal said...

AWWWWWW I LOVE this what darling photos and your stitching is AWESOME!!! FANTASTIC page sweetie!

LG said...

You are such an angel, thanks for your sweet comments, it made my day.

Love love love your take to the sketch. The simple design and composition made it very interesting and made those precious photos standout. i adore those stitches and now I wish I have a sewing machine

lisa said...

What a darling LO : )
Thanks for stopping by my blog today xx

KraftyKaren said...

Hi Carin - take a look here http://kkfantasticplace.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-award.html