Tuesday 12 October 2010

Twilight ATC swap and Some Holiday Photos!

 This is going to be a very picture heavy post!:)

I recently took part in my first ATC swap and of course it just had to be a Twilight one!  This was also the first time I have ever made an ATC and although it was fun I don't think it is something I would get really into but just couldn't resist Twilight ones;). These are the fab ATC's that I got back!  Mine is the one on the bottom left :)


 And just a close up of mine :)

I have been slowly trying to go through the hundreds of photos I took over the holiday and then noticed that one of our camera cards was missing.  Of course it just happened to be the one with some of my favourite photos on too!!  So I phoned my poor mom to look around the house to see if we had forgotten it there but she couldn't find it either.  Luckily I had downloaded all the photos onto my moms computer before we left there anyway so she could have put them on a disc and sent them to me but at the last minute we found the card!  So anyway here are some photos of the kids from Ushaka marine world in Durban.



This dolphin they are posing with is Gambit who I used to go and see when I was a child!  He is the largest dolphin in any oceanarium in the world and apparently has surprised everyone at how old he is as they did not think dolphins lived that long!  We were actually really lucky because Paul used to go to school with the MD there so the kids got to see some extra feedings and things that they would not have normally seen.  I love the dolphin shows, dolphins are one of my favourite animals, I actually cried when I was watching the show lol!  I always wanted to be a trainer when I was younger they really are the most beautiful, amazing animals! :) :)




Christopher was thrilled because he was selected to be one of the passengers in the boat for the show they do where they get splashed and get to wave to the dolphins and feed them.  Kieran was gutted as he was the one who put his hand up and then they took Christopher but was very happy later on as he got chosen for a little part in the seal show :)



Then we went to see the penguins and the kids were thrilled because the penguins decided to follow the kids wherever they went so they had loads of fun walking along the glass and getting the penguins to swim up and down and around in circles wherever they put their hands.  Even when more people came along they only followed the kids and all swam to the edge of the glass and stayed there looking after the kids when we left.




The kids loved it and we didn't even get to go the the Wet and Wild water park as there was just so much at the oceanarium side so we had to go back for that the next day.  Both my sisters came with to that and that was the most fun I have had in years!  This was the kids by the time we arrived home ;)


Don't forget my giveaway on the post under this one, you still have until the 1 November :)

TFL!

11 comments:

Samantha Hauzer said...

Love your Twilight atc, it is fabulous!! I have to agree with you about the dolphins, they are one of my favourite animals too. I'm so lucky that I get to see wild ones around here. And I love that last pic of your boys, LOL!!! I bet they slept well that night! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh you know I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your Twilight ATC!! AMAZING!! I can't believe we have to wait another year for the next one! BOO! ...and those PHOTOS! WOW!! That place looks AMAZING!!! And that story about the dolphin!! VERY COOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lou said...

What better subject to create ATC's on....they're fab! and your last photo is brilliant...the sign of a good day had by all!

Look forward to seeing the layouts you create with your holiday snaps xx

LG said...

Hi sweetie!

Thank you very much for leaving such sweet and thoughtful comments on my blog. You are such a doll and I really appreciate you spending some of your precious time viewing my post.

I do apologize for not being able to visit that often. I love your blog and the inspiration is overflowing. Keep it up! Keep creating those gorgeous projects. Have a great week!!!!

xoxo
LG

Lisa said...

love love love those twilight atcs!!!

and the pics of the boys are brilliant too!! looks like you had a fantastic time

xxx

Alison said...

Those photos are amazing - and what a wonderful experience to remember.

Scrappin' Sam said...

Twilight and dolphins in the one post, def a fav! Love the atc x

sa_homespun / Michelle van Wyk said...

I just love your twilight ATC card.. it was the nicest of the lot.. you did a good job on it.. I am also not a fan of making them, but they are fun every now and then.

I love USHAKA.. also go there whenever we are in Durban.. my boys also come home like that .. LOL !!

Crystal said...

OOOOWEEE what a super fun SWAP!!! LOVE YOUR ATC it is FABULOUS!!! AWESOME Photos looks like soo much fun!

Kelly Massman said...

Great photos! Fun swap! I've never participated in one--looks like fun!

KraftyKaren said...

The ATCs are fab and lovely holiday piccies - I look forward to seeing them on layouts soon.